What is Pencak Silat?
Pencak Silat is an art of self defense inherited, preserved and promoted by the people of the South East Asian region from their ancestor since centuries ago.
What is PERSILAT?
PERSILAT is the abbreviation of Persekutuan Pencak Silat Antarabangsa or the International Pencak Silat Federation (IPSF) founded by Indonesia. Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei Darussalam on March 11, 1980 in Jakarta.
What is the different between PERSILAT and Pesilat?
PERSILAT is the special abbreviation of PERSEKUTUAN PENCAK SILAT ANTARABANGSA while Pesilat is the Pencak Silat athlete or performer or practitioner.
What is the Aspect of Pencak Silat?
There are 4 (four) aspect of Pencak Silat, namely:
- Mental Spiritual Aspect. The performance of effort to strengthen the ability of self control and improve the noble character.
- The Self Defensive Aspect. The performance of skill to defend oneself effectively
- The Artistic Aspect. The performance of the beauty of movement and relation with the other elements of arts as traditional music, costume and cultural ceremony.
- The Sport Aspect. The performance of efforts to gain physical fitness and sports achievement.
What is the Pesilat Pledge?
Pesilat pledge is the 5 (five) pledge that need to be declare by Pesilat before any championship:
- Pesilat is an individual who has noble mind and character
- A Pesilat is a man who honor his fellow man and loves friendship and peace
- A Pesilat is a man who always thinks and act positively, creatively and dynamic
- A Pesilat is a knight who uphold truth, honesty and justice, and is always resilient in facing any or deal and temptation
- A Pesilat is a knight who always responsible for his words and deeds.
What is the Organization of PERSILAT?
There are 3 (three) levels of Pencak Silat organization, namely:
- IF (International Federation): PERSILAT Central Federation to develop, promote, maintain and improve the Pencak Silat international affairs.
- RF (Regional Federation): PERSILAT Regional Federation
to develop, promote, maintain and improve the Pencak Silat regional affairs.
- NF (National Federation): National Pencak Silat Federation
to develop, promote, maintain and improve the Pencak Silat national affairs.
What is the PERSILAT Membership?
There are 4 (four) levels of PERSILAT Membership:
- The Founder Member: the National Pencak Silat Organization founding PERSILAT, i.e.: IPSI (Indonesia), PERSISI (Singapore), PESAKA (Malaysia) and PERSIB (Brunei Darussalam)
- The Affiliated Member: A national level Pencak Silat association recognized by the national authorized agency of the respective country.
- The Associated Member: A national level Pencak Silat association that has not recognized by the national authorized agency of the respective country.
- The Junior Member: A Pencak Silat club or individual which just been appointed to represent PERSILAT in the relevant couintry
Does Pencak Silat relate to any religion?
No. Pencak Silat does not relate to any religion. Everybody can becomes Pesilat regardless his/her religion.
All National Federations have similar email address email@example.com. Why?
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org is provided by PERSILAT to all member by purpose. First, to give good image by avoiding using free email (gmail, yahoo, etc). Second, to prove that the email holder is truly the member of PERSILAT. Third, easy to organize.
By using email@example.com, can admin PERSILAT access the email?
No. This is forward email. All email send to firstname.lastname@example.org will be directly forwarded to actual email address.